WELCOME TO GIESORC
EDUCATION, EMPOWERMENT, AND ENGAGEMENT
The Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center (GIESORC) promotes education, empowerment, and engagement for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and ally (LGBTQ+) constituents across the Washington State University system.
Compton Union Building
The UndocuQueer Conference is a joint effort between the GIESORC, Multicultural Student Services, and the Crimson Group to illuminate issues in the intersections of undocumented immigrants and the LGBTQ+ community. More information can be found at the UndocuQueer Conference website here.
The InQueery Symposium is a one night event featuring a national speaker and student presentations related to the LGBTQ+ community.
Register for the event here.
Lavender Graduation is an annual celebration of all the LGBTQ+ graduates and their allies.
NEWS AND UPDATES
Ally Training is a broad presentation on how to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans* individuals!
After participating in this training, attendees will be able to:
- Differentiate between sexual orientation, sex, gender expression, and gender identity.
- Describe issues LGBT individuals experience in higher education and in society.
- Recognize heterosexual and cisgender privilege in higher education and in society.
- Define terms that are most salient in the LGBT community.
- Discuss how to be a better ally to the LGBT community.
To enroll in a currently scheduled session through Human Resource Services, please click here to register. These are open to all campuses!
Date: Nov 19 2018 10:00 - Nov 19 2018 12:00 | Location: CUB 406 (4th Floor Meeting Room)