Check out LGBT Cougs online and on Facebook!
The WSU Alumni Association is pleased to announce the formation of the LGBT Cougs, a new alumni group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Ally alumni of WSU. LGBT Cougs work to create and facilitate opportunities for new and on-going friendships among LGBTQIA alumni, provide mentoring and scholarships to current students, raise awareness about sexual orientation and gender identity needs at WSU, and support the university's Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center (GIESORC). Active members will enjoy the benefits of a new on-line community, opportunities to socialize with other LGBTQIA alumni, working with current students, and staying up to date on the important happenings and events sponsored by GIESORC. As it grows, LGBT Cougs will strive to connect all LGBTQIA alumni including those who attended WSU before the opening of GIESORC in 1994.
The Mission of LGBT Cougs:
To support, encourage, and connect the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Ally (LGBTQIA) alumni of Washington State University in order to:
- Facilitate meaningful interaction among LGBTQIA alumni
- Increase participation in social, professional-networking, and community-service events
- Provide mentorship and scholarship assistance to WSU LGBTQIA students
- Support the Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center (GIESORC)
- Raise awareness of sexual orientation and gender identity needs at WSU